Register or use an existing domain at GoDaddy account and then go to our domains list, select the DNS for that domain you are going to use Example: mycooldomain.com Scrole down to the bottom of the page and click on Host names.
Click on add and a popup will appear we create the first Host name: ns.mycooldomain.com and point it to our host external IP, do the same for ns1.mycooldomain.com & ns2.mycooldomain.com
For .com domains godaddy says it takes 5-6 hours to process and up to 24h for .net so be patient.
Now we can go to the name servers section of the domain (mycooldomain.com) and add our own name servers we have created so add ns.mycoolserver.com & ns1.mycoolserver.com & ns2.mycooldomain.com
Third, config EHCP
Login admin account to EHCP and go to “Add DNS only” here we add the [domainname] we have setup at Godaddy “mycooldomain.com” and [serverip] our external IP then we save/send query.
IMPORTANT! MAKE SURE THAT PORT 53 IN YOUR ROUTER IS REDIRECTED TO YOUR LOCAL IP WHERE YOUR SERVER IS RUNNING.
BASIC PORTS we need to forward to our local IP:
– 20 TCP FTP – data transfer
– 21 TCP FTP – control (command)
– 25 TCP Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)—used for e-mail routing between mail servers
– 53 TCP/UDP Domain Name System (DNS)
– 80 TCP/UDP Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
– 143 TCP-UDP Imap protocol – Imap on port 143 is the newer of the two popular protocols used to retrieve eMail from remote mail servers.
– 443 TCP Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTPS)
Now we can register a domain from any registrar and add the name servers we provide: NS.MYCOOLDOMAIN.COM ECT then add the domain in the EHCP panel and that’s it!